Why does the advesary always kick into overdrive when there is something major spiritual happening in my life? And why is it so distracting?
Why do I miss happy times in the past and regret things I cannot change?
Why does April have MS?
Why does Edie Kaye have cancer?
Why do I have to weigh 50 pounds too much?
Why is it so hard to read my scriptures every day?
Why can't I get to see my parents more often....they only live 30 minutes away?
Why don't I call my sisters more often?
Why haven't I written to my brother like I promised myself I would?
I call this guilty distractions. I often get into this why stage when I am feeling sorry for myself.
Sometimes Satan makes me feel worthless like I am not accomplishing much when really I am. I know things happen in life to give us opportunity for growth. I just don't know how to get out of this "why" mood sometimes. I can usually shake it off but lately It's been eating at me more. Is it because I need to do more? Or is it because I need constant reminders to keep the faith? Is it because I need to grow? I think it's all of the above.
Maybe if I am doing my best then thats all I can do.
1 comment:
what major spiritual thing is happening in your life? I want to know-
well I too have questions like yours...and some of them are up to God and others are up to us...
so just make a to-do list- it is the only way I get anything done...
and throw guilt to the curb- it is Satan's best tactic to get us down-
it can motivate us however to change for the better maybe- but it is short-winded- I never function well with guilt as a motivator-
love you Calie- I just want to play a little speed scrabble with you!
Post a Comment