My 12 year old daughter shared her testimony today in church. She was wonderful. Her strength at such a young age is amazing. I just let the tears flow freely down my cheeks when they came. She shared with our ward that her grandmas cancer markers have gone down and for the last year she has fasted and prayed for that and how she really believes in the power of fasting and prayer.
Today I fully understand the scripture that says "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in truth".
My dear sweet Alyssa may your light shine bright like this always. I love you.
2 comments:
If anyone's faith can move mountains it will be the faith of children...When I hear a child is praying for something I just instantly believe that desire will be given to them-because they are so pure, so young, so loved by our Heavenly Father...we are all loved by our Heavenly Father but- children are so humble- I know Alyssa isn't exactly a little girl anymore but she is still so pure and smart- she knows her divinity and I don't ever see her going astray- so strong!
Calie I love your little family. I am so amazed at the strength of your children. Good job. This world is so tough and yet I never fear for your kids. I still can't get over Taylor. You have no idea how different he is from the boys I grew up with. 14 was an age of rebellion, hormone ragin punks- You might just be raising a general authority in your home!
Tell your kids how much I think about them. I love you guys. Thank you so much for giving the piano to me- you have no idea how many tears I have shed since that piano has been in our home. Sometimes I feel like I am in heaven when I go into my living room and see a piano against the wall!!! Anyway- I love you Calie- hope to see you guys soon.
I am sorry I missed Alyssa's testimony. I know it was just precious. It is in those moments that all the struggling to have FHE, and family prayer...all the times you haul them to church and church activities, all the times you have knelt with them in family prayer that you understand the reason and God's purpose in such a plan. Thanks for being a great mother to my grandchildren!!!
Post a Comment