Monday, March 17, 2008

Saturdays peace

Saturday was such a mixed emotion day. For the last two weeks I have been preparing a talk for the adult session in our stake conference. I planned on attending time out for women which was also the same weekend. So since I had already purchased a ticket for the time out on friday and saturday sessions I decided to fit it all in.And I am so glad I did. I knew I would have to be done with my talk by Friday morning otherwise I would not enjoy the time out speakers and going would have all been in vain. So I pondered and prayed and prayed and prayed. I dont think I have ever had the adversary work so hard on me. I also dont think I have ever prayed so hard about a talk before. Anyway to make a long story short it turned out to be the most amazing talk and feeling while giving a talk I have ever had. I am so thankful for the wonderful opportunity to speak. We had a visiting general authority with us and that did not help my nerves very much....but I did it and I think I did all right. I learned so much and felt such a sweet peace while giving my talk. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who always knows what I need.

1 comment:

April said...

It is amazing how the spirit can inhance our talents...I am sure it was a wonderful talk and that many were touched with your words. You have a light about you Calie that makes people tune in to what you have to say- I am glad you wrote about it-