Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Taylor!


Taylor turned 15 yesturday, December 29th. Do you see the candles on his cake it is the number one and 5 more candles added-we had to get creative. (we have been snowed in and I did not want to make another trip out of our big burm in front of our driveway so thats what we found and he did not mind - in fact he thought it was kind of cool) WOW! I can not believe that we have a 15 year old son. I can remember everything about Taylors birth and it just feels like a little while ago. And now he is 15 and taller than me. He was 6pounds and 3 oz when he was born. I can hardly beleive he was such a little guy. Watch out world here comes Taylor bug! He will be able to take drivers ed now. Hmmm I am not sure if I am ready for that one yet. Although it would help with all of his practices and afterschool stuff if he was able to drive himself. Ok I am ready Taylor.....bring it on!

Even though Taylor right now is a typical teenager trying to figure out who he is and how far he can push his parents-he has a wonderful heart and is really a great kid. He is a fabulous student and so smart. He is a great athlete. He can be very tender with his family when he wants to be. Especially his cousins. This is a picture of him holding Ainsley ... she loves her Taylor. They are best buds.
No matter how "tough" or "cool" you try to portray yourself Taylor we know you are really just a big softy and all heart. We love yo so much. Happy Birthday our sweet son.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

It has been so fun looking back through some of your posts and getting to know you and your family better. Thank you for sharing. So sorry to hear about your mom (in law). She looks like a beautiful lady. Thank goodness we have the gospel to know that we can see our loved ones again. And what a GREAT Christmas gift from Keith - Hawaii?! We went this last March for the first time, also a dream come true - FABULOUS!
I look forward to keeping in better touch with your family.
nicky crawford

April said...

Calie- I must be an outsider looking in because I sometimes can't get over Taylor- I think about this kid and how he is not a typical teenager- of course he has his moments and all but seriously- he is pretty amazing! He is! You are right- he is a big soft heart- and I would love to see him disagree and show his independence- I never get to see that side of him- I would love to see this side- it is good to have even though it must be truly annoying coming from a teenager- I love that man- I really do. I miss him and he makes me cry sometimes. You are a wonderful family.
Love you