So I know its a few days after Christmas but I am trying to play catch up and I figured better late than never.
Our Christmas was wonderful. Except I did not get to see my side of the family because my mom just had eye surgery and my sister was sick so we have yet to do our Christmas with them. But anyway we had Keiths family over for our traditional Christmas crepes. We burnt a couple of them because mom usually makes them but once we got the hang of it (thanks to Joettes patience) they turned out pretty good. I look forward to seeing the pictures on Joettes blog. She got some good ones of our trial and error ones. So we open all our gifts and by the way Keith has made me wait all day to open my gift from him. He said he wanted everyone there because it was a sentimental gift. And I am thinking "oh how sweet". So I patiently wait and finally I get to open it. And its a can of macadamia nuts. And I am thinking ok I am a little sentimental about macadamia nuts because they are made in Hawaii and thats our favorite vacation spot ever...and then I read the top of the can and it said "love letter inside" so I open up the top and find a paper in them. guess what it was......our flight itenerary for a trip to Maui. I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER. And let me tell you why...5 years ago we took this dream vacation to Maui and ever since then we have been dreaming of going back. We thought we might get to someday but not anytime soon. We had an incredible vacation last year and so I thought we were good for a couple more years before we start dreaming of planning a trip to Hawaii. Its funny because whenever October rolls around we start talking about how it would be fun to plan onother trip for the middle of winter time. And I always say to him do you know what my dream Christmas present is... opening up a trip to Hawaii. I have been saying that for 5 years now and you know its just one of those things you just throw out there for fun. Keep the dream alive type of thing. So this year as we talked about it I thought maybe just maybe we can swing it but Keith shut me down instantly and I thought well ok I wont be the buggy wife and keep pouring salt into the wound....if we can't do it this year then we can't do it. Get over it Calie move on. So I did. I was not expecting it. I guess thats what makes it so good. Keith was able to keep a secret for months. And all of my friends knew and family too. I cannot believe everyone kept it quiet. One of my friends almost blew it but she covered it up really good. And you have to realize something about Keith he cannot hardly keep a surpise to himself. He just gets so excited that he just can't keep it to himself and he always gives little hints like "I got you something really cool" or "your going to love this" and stuff like that but this year nothing.... I am so impressed with you honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment