Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dreaming!






So here are some of my favorites from our trip. Just sitting here looking out at all the snow we have had lately and dreaming of being at the beach again. In the sun. It is so healing for me. I think I have decided that warmth and the ocean is my favorite thing. The place we stayed at was amazing. We were treated like we were stars! It was very nice to come home though. I will never forget the feeling I had when the man at customs handed me back my passport and said "welcome home". I almost cried. I was in love with him just for that moment...thats the only way I could describe my feelings as I was welcomed home to the United States of America. I love our homeland. It truely is the promised land. I think I needed this vacation so that I could come to know just how lucky and fortunate we are to live in a land where we are so blessed.
Anyway I will post more pictures as the days go on. They will help get me through the winter here.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

April said...

same thing happened to me when coming home from brasil- the piolet said over the intercom "welcome to the United States of America" and I just cried- it was the safest feeling in the world

EDK said...

That palm tree picture is incredible...did you really take that? You need to enter it into some kind of contest. Remember...dinner at our house on Sunday so we can talk about the trip and make final plans. How does 5:30 sound?

Calie said...

Yes I really took that. I have a lot more too. I love taking pictures of palm trees.

5:30 sounds great! See you then.