Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Goodbye Summer!















I have always told myself I would love having all of my kids in school. And I have always loved when fall came. But this year I wanted to hold on to summer just a little longer. Isaac started kindergarten yesturday. I have not decided if I am happy or sad about that....just very thankful and grateful I guess that he is so excited he can hardly stand it. So we sent him to school for the first day in his new bright spongebob shirt that he picked out himself from Target. We figured it was so bright that the teacher would never forget him or lose him. As you can see from these pictures that he is loving life and going to school. When I went to pick him up from school he came out with an envelope in his hand....with his tooth in it. Yep the kid with the bright yellow spongebob shirt also lost his tooth on the first day of school. Now we know he will not be lost in the crowd. Watch out for that kid he is ready to take on his new world. This morning (2nd day of school) he rode the bus and loved it! Had no problem jumping into the swing of rutine. He just makes me smile. Love that boy!


Ashlee is in 5th grade this year and is so excited because she got the greatest teacher in 5th grade. Alyssa is a little nervous because in 7th grade you have more teachers and she is afraid she wont be able to keep up with it all but is still excited because she gets to take orchestra and chior both. No worries Alyssa you will do just fine. And Taylor is now a freshman in high school. I have no pictures of Taylor up here yet because on his first day he woke up late and that started in the frenzy of trying to get him out the door to early morning seminary. I will post one when he is relaxed and I can get a picture of him. His days start with waking at 5:30am leaving for seminary at 6:30 and then football after school and then arriving home about 5:30pm. Poor guy.


Life in our home is now back to routines, pecils, paper, packed lunches and crazy fun! I will miss the lazy days of summer but look forward to fall with eagerness!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved being at your house on the first day of school... so much excitement in the air... love ya!

Rachel Berry said...

Holy cow your girlies look like you esp. Ashlee! What cuties hope they have a great school year.

♥The Strogman Instructor. Boy that sounds bad. Darn Shauna