Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Moment in Time

Lately it seems we are reaching for the camara more and more to capture lifes moments. This was one of those moments I don't ever want to forget. I had the priveledge of doing this the first time years ago as signs of the first treatment became apparent in her hair. As I compare the two times it became apparent how much my beautiful mom has grown. The first time she was so worried about her hair and what people would think when they saw her head. She cried and cried with so much emotion that it was hard to get through. Now she humbly sat as the 5th time of shaving her hair came. I knew this was going to be hard as I shaved around the scars that the gamma ray knife had caused and then I realized that was nothing compared to the scars it had caused inside her head. Scars we are not sure she will ever recover from.

Before

Getting ready

During


Laughing



Crying




Feeling the Angels near




"Warm hands" she said.



Finished


Still in good spirits.

Nothing puts life into perspective more than that. I love you mom more than words can express. I honor you, I cherish you and will never forget this moment in time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really glad that you posted these pictures.... this is such a tender entry. I also feel angels near as I sit close to mom.. I think they are ready for her... its almost like they cant wait for her to come home... I love you Calie.. thanks for all you do for me!!

April said...

this was so beautiful...

Mom looks different...my mommy- oh I just want to hold her and touch her right now...so many of us arrive and leave this earth like a baby- needing so much love and attention. Thank you for taking care of my mom Calie- you will be so blessed.

I am so thankful that my mom can go through this with loving family and friends...I love you.

Rachel Berry said...

She's such a beautiful woman. You blogged this with such respect for her. You are such a great daughter in law. I hope all is well with her.