Sunday, August 10, 2008

untitled

So who out there has finished there copy of Breaking Dawn? I just want to know if you liked it or not. I am a little weirded out by it. It was deffinitly not what I expected at all. I wont spoil it for any of you but I do have to say to some of it......eeeewwwww gross. At one point I wanted to throw the book away. I just want to find another book like Twilight. It really surprised me that they were both written by the same author. I know there has got to be a story out there that compares to Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I almost feel like she betrayed us by puting the gross stuff in it. The whole reason I read it and justified reading it was because it wasn't some gross vampire book but now I can't even stand to read the other books in the series because that last book just took the fun out of it. I know I am probably over reacting to a book series but hey it was fun and I enjoy a good story.

Breaking Dawn just kind of broke me of the Edward Bella saga. And saying that just makes me sad. I loved the series up untill this point. I wonder what Stephenie was thinking and why she had to go there with the book. She is really a creative story teller with lots of imagination. I wonder maybe if she was influenced to much by other vampire books or shows and she felt pressure to keep up. But that is usually not her style.

Anyway....

Anyone have any recommendations?

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Yeah I finished mine last week and when I was done I was like..... Okay....... This one was so NOT my favorite out of the series. I finished it and basically said HUH?...... And an still saying huh......
I feel your pain. I think a little weekend with some scrapping and some strogman will cure our sad book bomb.

Unknown said...

oh good I'm glad I didn't even finish twilight... let's find some better books!!

Shauna Z. said...

Ditto! I so wanted another Twilight and not a BomB! Oh well, I'll just read the others and pretend I never read the last one. Anyone want a cheap copy of Breaking Dawn?
I so agree with Rachel, STROGEMAN forever!!!