So I have been out of the blogger world for a while. I don't know why. I just stopped even getting on the computer. I sort of forgot that this was part of my life. hahaha. I have been a little busy this month ... I guess its been 2 months since I have posted. hmmm. Weird. I think it was the beginning of soccer season and all the spring stuff that caught me up. And then it just gets crazier as the end of school comes around. Can I just say yeah to summer!
So since I am planning on turning my blog into a memory book I need to play catch up on the things I have missed blogging about. I was waiting for some pictures of some things but I will no longer wait I am just going to write about them and maybe post pictures later.
The month of April brought lots of soccer games and practices in the rain, sun and even hail (that was interesting) Ashlee loved it when it rained during her games. Isaac not so much. He liked the sun (deffinitly my kid) :) Isaac also had his kidergarten program called the Q and U wedding. So darling! Such a fun way to teach that Q and U always go together. It was a whole week of wedding showers and wedding gifts that start with q and u and then an actual music program and "wedding" and afterwards a whole cake cutting along with Q and U sugar cookies. April also brought some fun windy weather and we have flown our kites a lot. Taylor started football preparations for this next season...I know its only April and they are starting in....crazy! Then the end of April brought some fun for me. I am so thankful that Keith is so willing to say "go have fun" because womens conference always comes right in the middle of spring stuff for us and it usually means extra work for him but he is alway so good about knowing how much I love and enjoy womens conference. So I flew down for the conference and enjoyed that so much untill I tripped in the parking lot at BYU and rolled my ankle. Not fun. But I will tell you what fun is....
So from womens conference I flew into California. My friends included me in their sisters week at their parents condo in Palm Springs. On our connecting flight from Vegas to California they surprised me with Disneyland tickets for the weekend. That was so fun!! It was a whole new expeirience without my kids. I was totally a kid. We rode the screamin California 4 times in a row. We wore mickey hats the whole time. We had a marvelous time. Then it was off to Palm Springs for some fun in the sun and lots of pool time. It was 102 most days. Such a change from our 45 degrees. We went to the "living Dessert" one day and fed a baby Giraffe. That was interesting. I felt like I was on safari.
So after a week and a day of playing I figured it was time to come back to reality and I really missed my family. That was the longest I had ever been away from Keith too. And what do you know they survived it all. That was a great time.
Then along came mothers day. It was bitter sweet this year. I had my family over and some of Keiths family. It was hard to be without Keiths mom. I know she was their in spirit. I felt her. We all felt her near that day. We went to her gravsite but it was hard since her marker was not there yet. We felt a little lost at not having something tangable to go to. But we made it through.
Then it was time to celebrate Keith's dads birthday. Happy Birthday Dad. That too was bittersweet. We missed half the family there and moms pressence was again very strong. I sat in her garden and cried and cried. I cried all the way home and asked Keith if this feeling will ever grow less sad or am I always going to cry when we leave their home. The next day was memorial day and we went to moms gravesite there was a vase put in so we knew where she was. We knelt and sang families can be together forever. we know she loved it! It was a beautiful reminder of what she loved most...her family. We also had a little FHE and helped the kids remember that it was her testimony of the Savior that she wanted us to remember the most about her. And the gospel that will help keep us all together as a family. It was a tender and precious day. That next week brought a new call for Keith. He was called to serve in our wards Bishopric. He was humbled and nervous and yet he knew it was right. He accepted the call and again we felt his moms pressence. This was something she would have liked to be here for. My dad ordained him a High Priest. It was an amazing blessing. One that I will always remember and will never forget the spirit that we felt in the room that day. Thank you dad for being the wonderful instrument by which we all felt the spirit that day. The power of the priesthood is just amazing.
Wow what a long post. I had to play catch up though. And that leads me to this last week. Which has been one of my most trying weeks yet. I have been sick with strep throat. I have sunk to the depths of despair and actually wished for death at one time...hahaha not really but yet the thought was there so maybe. I have learned so much about myself and how much I can actually endure and how I need to appriciate a healthy body...(no matter how much I weigh) is better than a sick body. I have knelt in prayer at the wee hours of the night and morning begging Heavenly Father to make me well and my children well. I have asked for extra days of being sick so my children can be made well instead. I would have taken it all to take my childrens pains away. I understand more fully the heartache Heavenly Father goes through when His children are sick and suffering. And maybe I needed this expeirience. I know I needed this expeirience.
So that brings me up to date. My baby had his last day of kindergarten and Ashlee had her last day of grade school. Lots of great things to look forward to. A new chapter in my life. A turning point in how I will spend my days during the school year is about to come. This will be a grand summer! I look forward to it with a happy healthy and healed heart. :) Thanks for being a part of it and reading my blog. Love to all!
3 comments:
Wow you have been a BUSY girl and summer only just started! :) Loved reading your catch up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when I grow up I want to be just like you.
I can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks. I had better get some pictures printed or I'm just going to be sitting there looking at all you girls scrappin'.
I'm glad your back in the blogging world - I've missed reading your blog, and getting to know your family. My heart broke for/with you when you wrote about your missing your mom. I've made a new resolve to not feel sorry for myself when my parents leave to go on a mission. My heart also broke for you when I read that your husband is called into the bishopbric! j/k - but it definently is one of those wonderfully difficult things for the wife whose left alone at home.
And I 100% understand your frustration with bad health - I think there are few things more difficult to endure than bad health. It is so consuming physically, spiritually, and emotionally. However, when your health is regained, it is so easy to take good health for granted.
Loved the post - sorry for such a long comment, but I just had to fit it all in!
I have missed reading your blog- I had no clue you were sick with strep-
I am in the process of making mom's book- I will probably copy and paste what you wrote about Mom. Thank you for sitting out in her garden-
Hopefully I can make it home this summer and we can go to the river- another hard place to be without mom- but I think it would be good to go.
Two trailer girls go round the outside round the outside...
Love you Calie.
Post a Comment