Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Change

I am sitting here watching the clock and trying to fill this hole in my heart. You see I have been released from my calling with the young women in our ward. Tonight is activity night and they started about 15 minutes ago and I wish I could be there so bad. I am not sure why but just in the last little while I have become so attatched to those beautiful young women in our ward. I really do believe you grow to love those you serve. I know it was time its been 31/2 years. I will miss serving in a presidency with my dear friend Judy. When you live breath sleep your callings it's kind of hard to let go of them. I know change is good and its nessesary...the only thing that helps me is time. I have recieved a new calling I am terrified to do but I know its right. Way back in May I attended a womens conference and felt a strong impression that I would be put in Relief Society. I am now the new education councelor. I wonder what I will be able to bring to Relief Society. I have learned a few lessons recently about compassion. I know that they were preparing me for this new calling.

Oh change....all will be well. I just need time. I think I better take down the fun girls camp pictures I have on my fridge because everytime I open the fridge I look at those pictures and the ache starts all over again. Why does this always happen when your going strong having a good time and loving your calling and then .... done. I think or I hope when the time comes to be released from this new calling that I will feel the exact same way about leaving it as I did about my service in young womens.

What a beautiful plan from our Heavenly Father. Life is good. No more worries.

2 comments:

April said...

don't know why- but your blog made me just cry...I think it is because I love you and so I was feeling your pain.- I knew how much you loved your calling and so my heart ached for your new change..although it is probably meant to be that you were released it still sucks at the same time. You are wonderful.

EDK said...

It is always hard to leave the young women...I am struggling as I can hardly ever be to their activities and am only there for part of the lessons...I keep asking them to release me, but they won't...and really I am so glad because It is such a special place to serve. But you will grow where you are planted my dear, and the Lord always knows best! I love you. Want to go camping soon?