Saturday, October 09, 2010
Deactivating
So today I did something that some poeple might think is crazy and others might say "good for you" ... I deactivated my facebook account...yep I did it. I am having withdrawels from it already though. This morning I was so strong thinking..."Calie you spend too much time on the not so important things that doing this will be so good for you" ... and now... well I am thinking "why?" But I really know why...it's just that change is hard for me and breaking habits are so hard for me. And facebook had become a habit. So really it wont be bad once I break the habit of wanting to go to that facebook page everytime I log on...I am hoping that by leading by example my children will follow and realize they too can break the facebook cycle. :) That there actually is a real friend world out there and that spending time together in person is so much better and that talking face to face can be so much more rewarding. I love my kids and I love my family time...this is going to give me more of that time back. So please feel free to wish me well in my endevor. I am going to need it (my willpower is so lacking).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Calie!! Maybe our blogs will get more comments like the old "pre" FB days, if everyone else follows. I actually still prefer blogs. It's more like reading someones journals and not trying to have conversations all day with them through 1 liners. Plus you don't feel like you have to go "check it" all day long. I hope you have the will power you need to break your habit!
WAY TO GO!!! I think fb has it's place - but unfortunantly it more often then not crowds out too many other things that should have priority. I think you are a wise woman, and I commend you for it! You will reap the eternal rewards too. (relationships that can't be built when we're on fb).
Post a Comment