Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catching up

I have not written on my blog for a while and I find that I have missed it. It often helps me sort things out when I write and I have not done that for a while. So playing catch up is what I get to do. Nothing really profound is coming to mind as I sit here and contemplate my life only the feeling of being extremely grateful for the people in my life. I know people come and go and friendships grow or fade and the Lord teaches us through it all. Those people that come and go in my life are so dear to me. My friends and family often leave little footprints of love on my heart. I learn so much from each one of my dear friends and family. I am who I am today because of the influence of those that are dear to me.

I sat with my sister in the temple last night. I surprised her. She did not know I would be there. I think it has been about 2 months since we have seen each other. What a beautiful place to have a reunion. We should meet there more often Zina. What a special experience it was for me to sit with her there. It was like a welcoming drink of water after a long hike in the sun. Just serving in the temple can be that way for me and to have my sweet sister with me was so beautiful.

This week we have had my friend Robin and her kids come visit us. I have not seen her or her family for about year and I realized when I saw her how much I missed her. My kids are always asking "when can we see the Nolen's"? We had so much fun! Our children are all about the same age and seeing her kids I got to looking at them and thinking wow they are really growing up and then I realized well duh so have mine only they have been doing it right in front of me. Why is it so easy for me to see other children growing up but not my own? Maybe its because I secretly want them to stay little forever? Ha Ha no I don't think so. I think it is because I dont give my children enough credit to think of them as growing up but they really are and they are capable of so much. So here are a few promises to make to myself and others....Robin I promise to not let so much time pass before we see each other again. And to my children...I promise to give you more credit and realize you are growing up right before my eyes and that I need to cherish all you do and watch you grow...now not tommorrow or the next day. Isaac is starting kidergarten this fall, Ashlee will be in 5th grade, Alyssa will be in 7th grade and Taylor will be in high school... 9th grade. WOW I will have a child in every school. Thats funny. It should be an interesting school year.

Just last week I got to see my grandma for the first time in about 2 years. She is so wonderful. She has always been such a profound example to me. What a beautiful person she is and she brought 2 of my aunts with her. They were so nice to visit with. My grandma always leaves me feeling better than when I started. She always has something positive to say for me and my family. My grandma serves so much. She has given her life to helping take care of others and she will be blessed so much for her love and kindness she gives to others.

I know I have so much to be thankful for. And so many people. Heavely Father has blessed me with beautiful people to share life with.

Anyway here's to good friends and a beautiful family.... Hugs and kisses to you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I realize that I have not commented on here for awhile!! We should have a weekly family temple night.. wouldn't that be great... a night and a session that is just ours! Where we all come and sit and appreciate love and life

April said...

nothing makes me reflect life more than seeing children growing up...

I seriously can't take in the thought that Taylor is in high school. He will be on his mission before we know it! It makes my heart swell...because I held him as a baby. I played with him on the trampoline. I rode bikes with him. I have slept with him in his bed when he was scared...I have all these vivid memories of this boy growing up and now he is in high school...life is so dang interesting...I just want to slow it down sometimes.